What Legacy would I like to live behind?
1Sa 12:1 Then Samuel said to all Israel, "I have listened to everything you have said to me and appointed a king over you.
1Sa 12:2 And now, here is the king who will lead you. I am old and gray, but my sons are with you. I have led you from my youth until this day.
1Sa 12:3 Here I am. Testify against me in front of the LORD and in front of his anointed king. Did I take anyone's ox? Did I take anyone's donkey? Did I cheat or oppress anyone? Did I take a bribe from anyone to look the other way? If so, I will give it all back."
1Sa 12:4 They answered, "You didn't cheat us, oppress us, or take anything from anyone."
1Sa 12:5 Samuel told them, "The LORD is a witness to what you've said, and his anointed king is a witness today that you've found nothing in my hands." "He is a witness," they answered
All of us who are here we are busy writing history for other people to read. What happened in our time will shape the reality of the future generation. What we do or fail to do will affect the coming generation. Choices of today will influence the present state of our future generation.
For example: all of us who are here will be died 100 years from now if the Lord does not come back. So imagine this with me, let us say that it is your funeral and they want to place a tombstone on your grave what will you like to see written on that tombstone.
When your time comes to meet the Lord people will not remember things
1. What kind of clothes you use to wear
2. What food you use to eat
3. Where you use to go for holiday
4. How much money you had
Things like this are not material that build your legacy. You can’t be a history maker in a significant way if what you are living for is the things that I have mentioned above. All of us want to be history makers, all of us want to live legacy behind. We want to be remembered as great woman or great men of God. There is not even one person who is here who likes to be remembered as a failure, liar, and no one wants to be remembered as a person who just existed or as a person who just lived to be a burden
1. to the government
2. Family
3. Friends
4. Society
The question is “How you can create a good legacy to leave behind?”
Live today as if it is your last day. Psalm 90:12 Teach us to number each of our days so that we may grow in wisdom. Realizing that life is too short helps us use the little time we have more wisely and for eternal good. Take time to number your days by asking. What do I want to see happen in my life before I die? What small step could I take toward that purpose today?
Leave something for the next generation to build their lives on. Proverbs 13:22 Good people leave an inheritance to their grandchildren, but the wealth of sinners is stored away for a righteous person.
3. Do not be afraid to influence. Mat 5:13 You are the salt of the earth, but if the salt loses its savor, with what shall it be salted? It is no longer good for anything, but to be thrown out and to be trodden underfoot by men.
Mat 5:14 You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. If you us a Christian you don’t influence the culture of the society than that society will influence you and most of the time the society’s influence is not Godly. Be a Christian in your work place influence!!!!!!!!!!
How Is Your Influence? Story that I have read.
Max Jukes lived in New York. He did not believe in Christ or in Christian training. He refused to take his children to church, even when they asked to go. He has had 1,026 descendants-300 were sent to prison for an average term of 13 years each; 190 were public prostitutes; 680 were admitted alcoholics. His family thus far, has cost the United States in excess of $420,000. They have made no contribution to society that is of any benefit.
Jonathan Edwards lived in the same state, at the same time as Jukes. He loved the Lord and saw that his children were in church every Sunday, as he served the Lord to the best of his ability. He has had 929 descendants-of these, 430 were ministers; 86 became university presidents; 75 authored good books; five were elected to the United States Congress and two to the Senate. One was Vice-President of this nation. His family never cost the state one cent but has contributed immeasurably to the life of plenty in this land today.
What kind of influence and legacy will you leave with your children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren?
Leave a godly legacy behind. Be a trailblazer open a path for somebody to follow. Live good inheritance for your family and community. Do not just live for yourself.
Friday, 30 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment